Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Psalm of Devotion

Hi Everyone!

Praise and thank God for the encouraging posts! It really brightens my day and strengthens my faith to read these. Hope everyone is doing well and is pressing onward in their post-NYTS goals!

Yesterday was an opportunity to learn how to choose joy. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my 12 hour days of work and class back to back and by the end of it, I usually don't feel so well physically (It makes me appreciate what nurses do and anyone who has to work 12 hour shifts). But surely, by God's grace, we can get through the most brutal and exhausting of days.

Psalm 139 has been on my mind lately and I happened to come across this song inspired by this passage. May these words be our source of comfort, reminding us that even when our strength runs out, God's strength goes on.

Lord, You have searched me,
Father, You know me. 
Your Spirit knows when I rest or rise,
My every care is known, 
I never walk alone,
I cannot wander from Your eyes. 

Where can I hide from Your Spirit?
I am surrounded by Your boundless grace.
Where can I go?
If I ride the wings of dawn, 
You are my Morning Song.
I rest secure in Your embrace. 

You are my Maker, You are Creator.
You spoke the Word and there was life!
You are my Maker, my Keeper and Sustainer.
I am Your design, formed by Your love divine.
Lord, I am Yours, and You are mine. 

Lord, You created me in my mother's womb, 
You knit me with infinite care.
In such amazing ways, You crafted me for praise.
You gave me love and life to share. 
Come now, and search me Lord, I surrender all.
Come and speak to me Your perfect Word and love.
Look deep within my heart, and let the healing start,
Raise me to higher things above!

You are my Maker, You are Creator.
You spoke the Word and there was life!
You are my Maker, my Keeper and Sustainer.
I am Your design, formed by Your love divine.
Lord, I am Yours, and You are mine. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I can't believe how much you work...
    I think it's so hard to work so much and not complain or be thankful
    But yes, truly by the grace of God :) thanks for sharing the piece, I really like the lyrics and melody!

    ReplyDelete