Just wanted to take a moment and share the recordings from this year's Music Ministry Program.
https://app.box.com/s/u2xlr4lc1m3qnp7h7wansx2cg4nnqe22
And just one reflection of mine from the event:
One of the project team leads shared several testimonies to set the tone for our project sessions and adjust our mindset so that our offering can be acceptable to our praiseworthy God. One of them that especially stood out to me was about a Korean sister at Queens Church when we were preparing our hearts to sing "Oh, Come / Happy Day," a Sabbath medley. This sister does not understand English yet can be found at church every Sabbath, where she has gone for the past 20 years. She is always so joyful and excited to go to church. Even when she fell ill, she would insist on going to church. Her children who are unbelievers would ask, "Mom, isn't it better for you to stay home and rest?" especially since she could not understand the sermons. She simply responded, "If I were to pass away at church, that would be a wonderful thing, for I would be in the house of God!"
Her faith so genuine, her conviction, true. As I think about the darkest moments in my life when I have felt lonely in church, I am inspired by this sister who knows that True Jesus Church has the the truth as its foundation, and that is enough. A verse that has been in my mind the past 4 weeks I have spent at church is this: I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (Psalm 122:1) The testimony and this verse remind me to stop and think - do I find joy in the Sabbath? To spend a whole day, away from worldly responsibilities, to worship the Creator of the heaven and the earth, the Lover of our soul, just a taste of eternal rest, a piece of heaven on earth.
-Ruth
Thanks for sharing ruth!!
ReplyDelete