Saturday, August 12, 2017

Reflections on Post Post NYTS :)

Hey guys!

I've missed all of Team Chill so much this past week. While I was joyful that today was the Sabbath, I woke up this morning and started tearing up. I miss getting up early with the thought that there would be Bible study with y'all and a full day of fellowship, classes, and prayer. My mind still seems to be at NYTS, and I still can't believe it's over.

Despite my post post NYTS despair, thank God that I have kept up with most of my goals this past week with praying a longer time in the morning and setting prayer focuses by reading Psalms. The following reflection is from one of my reflections in the morning.

"But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly, 
The Lord will hear when I call to Him." 
(Ps. 4:3)

When I read this verse yesterday morning I gained much solace, because it explains the reward for those who continually seek after the Lord. If we strive to be godly in every way, in our speech, in our thoughts, and in our actions, God will bless us—He will hear us when we call out to Him! So often the past few days I have been feeling that no one around me can truly understand the sorrow of missing NYTS so so much, but if I continue to strive to carry out my goals to be more godly and pleasing in His sight, He will hear my cries of sadness and comfort me. From this verse, we know that fulfilling our Post-NYTS goals is not nothing but everything, because God has promised us that He will "set us apart" and "hear us when we call to Him," some of the greatest things we can ever receive.

The past few days since NYTS I've made sure to write down my difficulties also: so far I have had some trouble with spending too much time on media (many times it's more than I plan, and I feel that it is controlling me instead of me controlling it) and unintentionally using harsh words with my parents even though I don't mean it. Please pray for me so that I can have self-control and so that my heart can be completely pure in order to always speak loving, kind words to my parents.

Lastly, below is a link to a memory verse song of Psalm 4:3 made by a sister who lives in Houston. I thought I would share it because it has been looping in my head the past day, and it would be a good thing to get stuck in all of your heads too :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bfgBvNE0dlc2JMVENFWFBPX0E/view?usp=sharing

God bless,
Sophia

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thank God! There were definitely many moments from NYTS that were extremely memorable! Thanks for sharing such an edifying verse and song!! Miss you all too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Sophia! I've got those post-seminar blues, too. A spiritual mentor once shared with me (when I was in high school):

    "after such an amazing summer, i'm sure it's natural to miss church events a lot, but don't let it get you down! if is was truly a blessing, all the summer memories should serve to lift you up and be reminders to strengthen you, and not to bring you down. it should serve to encourage you what everyday can be, no matter what the environment - you just have to bring a little bit of summer memories and learnings into each day. :)

    it's not about comparing our daily lives to our ssc/church summer life but learning every day how to bring a part of it so that it lifts us up whenever we need it. so whatever else is going on lately that's starting to get you down, remember to pace yourself - no one situation is the worst or insurmountable, after this one will be another one, it's about keeping our spirit steady and building on the spiritual strength that was summer/church life, and taking part of that into our family or school life. i know it's easier said than done. i'm saying it in part to you but also in part to encourage myself! we all need the reminders."

    May we continue to press onward and pray for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for both of your sharings, Jeremy and Ruth! May God continue to strengthen us to integrate more of our NYTS lives into our daily lives each day :)

    ReplyDelete