Hello from Vancouver!
Happy Sunday to you all (I know this is Joseph's favourite day because he gets to sleep in hehe)! 😝
But, thank God for his guidance, we have made it past one week after NYTS! As stated in previous posts, I've also had some NYTS-blues here and there as I missed the fellowship, prayers, and more!
I really thank God that I have been able to keep up with the three goals that I've made. I've been able to pray + read the bible each morning. My prayers have been a bit short, but hopefully I can extend that in the next week! I've never had the habit of praying in the morning, but now that I do, it does feel good to start the day off like that. Also, The day after I got back to Vancouver, I Immediately bought a cool notebook so that I can get on with my sermon notes! And thank God, I've managed to take notes for all the sermons after that! It really does help you focus and I am no longer staring blankly throughout services.
Also, We thank God that Pr.Mei-shi Tsai will be at Vancouver Church from now until the end of this month. I've learned a lot from his sermons. One of the topics he shared was called "From Esek to Rehoboath", talking about how Isaac managed to remain silent and not dispute, even though there were lots of quarrelling over the wells. We can see that as he persisted and was not drawn away from his anger, God blessed him with even greater things. This was a great reminder to me as I sometimes may act in the heat of the moment, causing unnecessary problems that could have easily been avoided if I persisted a bit. It reminded me to not get "angry" or "impatient" so easily because if we persist, then God will surely bless us.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God." (Matthews 5:9)
May God continue to help and guide us all!
Bye!
- Jeremy
Thank God you have been able to keep up your goals, Jeremy! I find that increasing prayer little by little is very effective, so may you do that this week. Keeping your sermon notes very neat (which I have no doubt you will do already) will also help keep you motivated to keep them up :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement Sophia! Hopefully by prayers and God's guidance, I will be able to continue these goals! :)
DeleteLol Jeremy I ashamedly got out of bed at 11:30 this morning. But I'll be up at 5AM tomorrow morning to catch the train and then it's move-in day for me. Still keeping you and the rest of our team in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteHahaha, its all good, gotta enjoy the summer! Good luck with your move tomorrow! May God be with you and we will continue praying for you as you go through this transition! :)
Delete