NYTS has been one of the most joyous memories I have dwelt upon these past few weeks. Last Friday I shared with a former RE teacher how I miss it so much, but he encouraged me by saying that everyone might be sorrowful leaving NYTS, but the warmth of fellowship with brothers and sisters and the shelter of staying at church must come to an end; the moment we leave NYTS is the time to share what we have learned. How can God possibly be glorified if we forever stay within the church walls, never spreading the goodness of God we have experienced? Thank God that thinking of this has helped me heal from "post-NYTS despair."
I found it so amazing that during one day this week, my Psalm for my prayer focus and my Bible reading for the day lined up so perfectly concerning their messages. In my Bible reading, it said:
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand,Measured heaven with a spanAnd calculated the dust of the earth in a measure?Weighed the mountains in scalesAnd the hills in a balance?
(Isaiah 40:12)And then in my prayer focus it said:
When I consider Your heavens,The work of Your fingersThe moon and the stars, which You have ordained,What is man that You are mindful of him,And the son of man that You visit him?
(Psalm 8:3-4)Both of these passages led me to see how truly small and insignificant we are compared to the Lord, the creator of the heavens and the earth. What are we that God should be mindful of us? Hopefully thinking of this question will lead us to see the love of God even more in our lives, because even though He has laid out all we see in front of us like a piece of artwork, He is still mindful of our needs and our prayers. We are so truly blessed to be able to have a personal relationship with such an Almighty God. There is nothing we cannot entrust to Him, because how can a God so powerful ever fail us?
Thinking about all this has reminded me daily to realize how God is always near me, because while I daily see His beautiful creation—the blue sky, the green trees, the shining stars—I know that the creator of all it is my very own God, a God who loves me and listens to my prayers each and every day.
I hope we can all remember how much God loves us, and may His love continue to compel us to carry out all our post-NYTS goals.
God bless,
Sophia
Thanks for the sharing Sophia! I think sometimes we tend to forget how great and magnificent God is. He is the creator of everything and allows us to enjoy his wonderful creations. This sharing was also just in time for the solar eclipse that happened today! Its an event that can allow us to marvel at his creations!
ReplyDelete